Concerned about your elderly parent’s wellbeing?
- Is your loved one showing signs of dementia that affect his or her ability to attend to daily needs or finances?
- Does your elderly parent refuse needed help to remain safely at home?
- Are you providing an ever increasing amount of assistance and don’t know where to turn?
- Does your family disagree about the care needed?
Helping you to manage the challenges of aging
Caring for an aging parent can be stressful and exhausting for everyone involved. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Helping you or your loved one to meet the challenges of aging is my life’s work. As an Aging Life Care Manager ™ (Professional Geriatric Care Manager), I work with
- Family members in crisis who need assistance now;
- Family members who realize their loved one is slipping and need to plan before a crisis;
- Legal guardians who need professional services for their clients.
A comprehensive approach to your unique situation
With more than 40 years of professional social work and geriatric care management experience, I work closely with you to understand the complexities of your situation and recommend appropriate, cost-effective solutions. My clients include both
- Older adults and their families;
- Younger adults with chronic or acute medical illnesses.
I also work extensively with professional and family legal guardians and conservators. My detailed assessments and court reports draw on decades of clinical and managerial experience in geriatric mental health programs, both inpatient and outpatient.
I look forward to assisting you and your family. Please contact me, Mary Jo Boynton, MSSW, LICSW, C-ASWCM, to arrange for a complimentary half-hour phone conversation.