My approach to managing your loved one’s care is holistic. I believe it is essential to understand the dynamics of an individual’s situation in order to appreciate his or her world. I work closely with my clients, in collaboration with family members, other caregivers and any significant professionals who are involved, to recommend solutions for your unique set of challenges.
Conduct Comprehensive Assessments
- Review and assess medical status: physical, functional, cognitive, emotional.
- Assess home environment, social history, current supports, strengths.
- Identify issues and provide detailed, written recommendations.
- Work closely with clients and families to address medical concerns and status
- Accompany clients to medical appointments to serve as patient advocate and facilitate implementation of physician’s recommendations.
- Communicate regularly with family and support team (nursing home, assisted living, in-home help) to ensure all needs are addressed.
Recommend Appropriate Care Options
- Assist families in the complicated decision to determine the right care setting for your loved one: at-home with support services, assisted living, nursing home or specialized dementia care unit.
- Offer referrals to trusted financial and legal specialists, as needed, to make necessary arrangements for care.
Coordinate Caregiving Services
- Assist with selection, coordination and monitoring of in-home care services.
- Trouble-shoot when issues arise.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Ensure a smooth transition to a new care setting.
- Facilitate staff understanding of the individual behind the name to enhance quality of life.
- Follow up with client and family to oversee care and provide additional support, as needed.
Provide Services for Legal Guardians, Conservators and Trust Officers
I work extensively with fellow professionals to ensure that your client is receiving the best, most appropriate care:
- Provide comprehensive assessments with detailed recommendations, including cost-benefit analysis on care options.
- Write Annual Guardians’ Care Plan Report.
- Monitor care to ensure that your client’s needs are being met.
- Liaison with Elder Protective Services.
- Offer independent assessments of contested cases.